Thursday, July 2, 2009

Apple-Spinach Juice


I've come across plenty of green juice recipes that involve all kinds of ingredients. This one keeps it super-simple and tastes absolutely delicious! You can play with the ratio of spinach to apple to make your juice tarter (more apple) or milder (more spinach.)

Packed with vitamins A and C, calcium and iron, this fresh juice is a great natural source of energy, as your bod can absorb the vitamins and minerals almost immediately. I suggest drinking some first thing in the morning or right after a workout.

Ingredients (1 large glass)
:
2 medium granny smith apples
1 10-oz bag fresh spinach

Wash and dry produce and core apples. Give everything a whirl in your juicer and enjoy right away.

8 comments:

  1. The bioavailability of the iron and calcium in uncooked spinach is pretty low, something sort of citrus juice wold provide more vitamin C than apple juice and increase absorption of at least the iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, interesting. thanks for the info. if a larger dose of vitamin c is what you're after, you may want to try creamsicle juice, my other fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Hillary first fixed this for me, I thought ho-boy, spinach medicine, but I guess I can bite the bullet to make her happy. (Thanks for getting her the juicer, Santa--I'll get you back next year.) Joke's on me--this stuff is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to rinse your mouth out with lukewarm water after drinking spinach juice. It's one of the healthiest beverages on planet earth but it can stain your enamel. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Along with Beet and Carrot Juice I love drinking Apple and Spinach Juice for breakfast. This is a great site, will have to check out the other recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added a bit of calcium fortified orange juice and that turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. calcium fortified sounds like crap to me lol, use real oranges if you're already juicing silly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Raw spinach is not more nutritious than a pice of paper, you need to cook it to get the benefits

    ReplyDelete